Elbit Systems – Cyclone (“Cyclone”) Engineering team is highly experienced, skillful and professional. Starting with design engineering and following through with final product manufacturing, the engineering team performs ongoing verification of the processes and stages to ensure full compliance with engineering specifications. Effective interaction between all manufacturing groups lends to the superior quality and continual process improvement evident at Cyclone.
The engineering organization provides continual input into the MRP system, operation sheets, tooling design, machining programs, and tool data, effectively providing production support and liaison activities. Planners take part in Material Review Boards with “Rework” or “Repair” decisions. The planning office includes a range of professional groups such as Planner for Machined Parts, Planner for Sheet Metal Parts, Jigs and Fixtures Designers, Cutters and Tool Designers, NC Programmers and Computer Support.
Cyclone engineering capabilities include:
- Structure Development Design
- Structure Modification Design
- New Stores Configuration
- Complete Modification Package
- Avionics Installation Design
- Cockpit Design
- DASH – Crew Integration Design
- Wiring Design
- Production Engineering
- Planning, Production & Tool Design
- Configuration Management
Cyclone uses the front line engineering design tools required for aerospace structural engineering.
These design tools include:
- CAD System
- CATIA (V5 & V4)
- Unigraphics (NX 4)
- CAD/CAM Cimatron
- Analytic Tools for Stress Analysis:
- MSC/Nastran FEM analysis program (UNIX and WINDOWS)
- Electrical Harnesses Design:
- L-CABLE (mentor graphics)
- Wire Cable System (WCS)
- Others (Composites design, Aerodynamics, Thermal, W&B, ELA)
Cyclone’s engineering capabilities include the use of upfront tools for analysis of parameters such as:
Other Analysis Capabilities:
- Electrical load
- Weight & balance
Development and Design of Unique Products:
- F16 600 gallon external fuel tank.
- F16 vertical ejection bomb rack (ver-2).
- F16 weapon pylon for station 2-8.
- Bomb carrying fuel tank for mirage and KFIR aircraft
- Multi-store carriage (MSC) for six bombs, for Mirage and KFIR.
- Multipurpose pylon for F-4
Production Tools Design:
Cyclone’s Engineers design fixtures to enable the performance of assembly operations. The design of the fixtures is coordinated with the requirements for a particular operation. On the basis of the type, amount and complexity of operations, the Engineering Department orders or designs special tools for the performance of various activities.
- Jig and Fixtures Design
- Numerical Data Base Master Tools
- Loft Data Base Master Tools
- Prepare Lay-up Tools
- Wet Lay-up Tools – Resin Infusion
- RTM Tools
Composites Lay-Up Tools:
Cyclone provides f its own tooling design and manufacture. The composites tooling includes Resin Infusion Tools, bonding tools and lay-up tools.